Friday, December 18, 2015

Ffffft!

Another year gone. And what a whirlwind it was: Springtime in Olympia, Ephesis, Pompeii. Having my ovaries removed. Fishing and jazz in Colorado. Lunch atop the new World Trade Center. Havana by night in a ’57 Chevy.

Those were the highlights making 2015 a year to remember. But most of the time went to the same old same old: Me sitting in front of my computer doing routine things for my nonprofits. Dreaming up landscapes for my clients, ordering plants, placing them for the installers. Weeding and planting with my Master Gardener friends at our pro bono projects. Misplacing my smart phone and finding it again. Watching endless hours of television with Dave, Rocky nestled between us on the couch. Attending the grandkids’ soccer and basketball games. Cooking dinners. Doing dishes. Reading in bed. Zumba!


Life is sweet, every minute of it, and oh so fleeting.

No comments:

Post a Comment